May 19, 2024, 04:13:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trespassing and National Forests  (Read 1224 times)
tomtom
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:27 am »

With all the discussion about dogs crossing fences, would it be safe to assume I'm gonna get a dog shot in the Sam Houston? Or any other forest is east Texas? I see lots of homes scattered in these Natl Forests when you look at google earth.
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:44:07 am »

Sabine county I've never heard of it happening in our national forest but Who knows... It's legal protected hunting grounds so who ever pulled that trigger is in some deeeeeeep chit!   

'HOG DOG MAFIA WE BAY EM N SLAY EM'
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:44:42 am »

tom it's just something we have to put in the back of our heads and hope it don't happen . but a dog is more likely to get killed by a hog rather than shot . and i'll tell you that is why i work on getting a handle on my dogs as much as hunt . the problem we as dog hunters have is there are WAY too many hunters that don't know what putting a handle to a pack of dogs is . put em in a pen 3 or 4 times and turn em loose . it's sad but i believe there are more outlaws and poachers in this deal than respectable hunters [jmho] . they weren't raised respecting a land owners rights to either let doggers in or not . i've known a few that just drove the roads see a hog and dump the dogs . then there's them damn machines resulting in cut fences cause there too lazy to walk behind a dog all there concerned about is getting the hog . till all this stops we are in for hard times but like i said you will be more likely loosing a dog to a hog than a bullet . good luck out there and just hunt and be happy

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:57:30 pm »

Sabine county I've never heard of it happening in our national forest but Who knows... It's legal protected hunting grounds so who ever pulled that trigger is in some deeeeeeep chit!   
Yea But Sam Houston ain't Legal for Dogs..

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »

Yea But Sam Houston ain't Legal for Dogs..

Ok i wasn't aware of that boss, thanks for the info and idk then tomtom I'm interested in the others people's post though. Gooduck and happy hunting to ya

tomtom
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 02:40:00 pm »

I don't hog hunt with my dogs. Yeah yeah I know this is a hog dog website.....
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »

Tom,

If your not hunting with your dog...why assume your dog is going to get shot?Huh??
HDMdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:14:15 pm »

With all the discussion about dogs crossing fences, would it be safe to assume I'm gonna get a dog shot in the Sam Houston? Or any other forest is east Texas? I see lots of homes scattered in these Natl Forests when you look at google earth.

Not really sure wat you were asking here?

tomtom
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:37 pm »

You can hunt cats, foxes, and yotes with hounds in the natl forest. And the east texas yeti since he still isnt classified.
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 07:34:45 pm »

How much does a yeti hound go for? Smiley
bullet72
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 08:20:20 pm »

thats not fair. fur hunting in national forest or reserves with dogs is legal but hogs are not. in ark. and okl. maybe tex. to, what the h!!! dogs are dogs. however that keeps the population up! they have room  to breed . YOU GUIDE FOR YETI HOW MUCH.  lets take your dogs mine are kinda wimpy.
Jmesonp1
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »

How can they keep you from hunting in your national forest? thats how every other state is able to hunt bear and lion is on state and national forest. what makes this one off limits to hunting?  Is it open to any hunting? Just curious!
bullet72
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 08:26:41 pm »

its in the game books everybody hunts them anyway ive never heard of any fines but in ark. it clearly states no dogs on hogs oklahoma its kinda a gray area its the opinion of the local warden night hunting is off limits on public land for hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: