May 29, 2024, 06:14:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: carring a gun  (Read 1692 times)
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 09:05:11 pm »

No guns for me; although I am not against it if someone else has one.  Just dont shoot around my dogs.
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 09:40:45 pm »

I DIDNT CARRY ONE FOR  YEARS, AND THEN I GOT IN A COUPLE OF BINDS AND WISHED I HAD ONE. IN ONE OF  THEM WE BAYED A BAD BOAR AND HE WAS BUTCHERING OUR DOGS SO WE JUMPED IN AND TRIED TO HELP THEM. MY BUDDY ENDED UP WITH OVER 30 STITCHES IN SEVEN CUTS AND MY PANTS GOT RIPPED FROM MY CALF TO MY HIP BUT SOME HOW IT DIDNT CUT ME. I WISH I WOULD OF HAD A GUN THAT DAY. IT WOULD OF SAVED A COUPLE OF GOOD DOGS AND SOME PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR MY BUDDY. NOW I TOTE A TAURUS CIRCUIT JUDGE LOADED WITH .45'S JUST IN CASE. MY BUDDY CARRIES TWO M-60'S WITH GRENADE LAUNCHERS STRAPPED TO HIS BACK ! JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT LAST PART. Grin

A scared dog dont get no meat !
Mason
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 04:41:48 pm »

I carry a Ruger single 6 in 22mag and a M1 30cal carbine.  Like FireMedic I believe the carbine is the best gun for hog hunting or at least for me it is.  It will absolutely melt a hog.

-In The Land Of The Blind The One Eyed Man Is King-
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »

I don't go anywhere without a gun...even church. Glock 23 (40 cal)

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
TexasLacy
Strike Dog

Locate, close with, and destroy the enemy.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 07:40:39 pm »

lol, I carry my taurus .38 everywhere but in the woods.  I just don't like the added weight and bulk.

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

That's the greatest thing I've heard all day!  Grin

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 09:12:46 pm »

Agreed, you never know when Sister Dottie is going to go off the deep end.  Evil

I miss my 23. I carry a 27 now, but the 23 was my baby. Shame on me for selling her.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2012, 06:31:22 am »

I carry a .40 caliber never had to use it. My uncle carries a 1911 .45 we used a few weeks ago. I'm like the other guys I like my dogs more than a live hog.
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 06:32:58 am »

I miss my 23. I carry a 27 now, but the 23 was my baby. Shame on me for selling her.
[/quote]
This is why I've never sold a gun. Some of em I never use but can't bring myself to sell em.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2012, 08:26:16 am »

I DIDNT CARRY ONE FOR  YEARS, AND THEN I GOT IN A COUPLE OF BINDS AND WISHED I HAD ONE. IN ONE OF  THEM WE BAYED A BAD BOAR AND HE WAS BUTCHERING OUR DOGS SO WE JUMPED IN AND TRIED TO HELP THEM. MY BUDDY ENDED UP WITH OVER 30 STITCHES IN SEVEN CUTS AND MY PANTS GOT RIPPED FROM MY CALF TO MY HIP BUT SOME HOW IT DIDNT CUT ME. I WISH I WOULD OF HAD A GUN THAT DAY. IT WOULD OF SAVED A COUPLE OF GOOD DOGS AND SOME PAIN AND SUFFERING FOR MY BUDDY. NOW I TOTE A TAURUS CIRCUIT JUDGE LOADED WITH .45'S JUST IN CASE. MY BUDDY CARRIES TWO M-60'S WITH GRENADE LAUNCHERS STRAPPED TO HIS BACK ! JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT LAST PART. Grin

If you think that this can't happen to you......better think again. Undecided You get a bad hog bayed in a ditch where your dogs keep falling in on it and can't get away.....you'll wish you had a gun.....don't matter how mean you think you are.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
arrowbar
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 08:29:09 am »

Carrying a gun and using a gun are two totally different subjects but linked. You don't have to use one but if you need to you have to at least carry one.I always carry something and only use them when I NEED to.
bullet72
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2012, 06:41:56 pm »

never carry one unless my son or friends kid is with me then its a 22 mag rossi pump, looks like one of old carnaval guns its tiny
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: