May 05, 2024, 12:36:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polling eth for rcd cross choices and other ??  (Read 4444 times)
slckhunter1978
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:04 pm »

Man i have bad luck with some about like everyone else on here im sure. But my thnkn is i usually find  em  on here or local ppl giving them away. Ive never paid much of anything if i had to for em usually too many ppl just tryn to give them away. But i take one put him/her on a pig n pen and see if they naturally go for the head area. They usually always end up on ear unless really small hog. If they do not i dnt even give em a second chance. Now the next part is getn them to learn what a bay is. Its a lil harder now days because hogs break soo much. I used to just walk em n and when they seen the hog they would go catch and usually go to the next bay after that.  Or if they would go behind a cd already going to bays and catch. Its not really much to it to get a pit started if he/she loves a hog. Now if they r dog aggresive a lil shock therapy should work if not... gone! Ive been lucky not to run into any ppl aggresive  pits. Now the hard part to me with these free pits usually with one thats rather hyper is putn a good handle on em. I cant stand yapping on the bike or pulln me thru the woods. With a lil time a good switch or shock therapy works for this too. I would suggest just going thru some and find what works for u or if uve run out of patience and want to drop some change make the person show u the dog catch in the woods first! If i were to ever sell a cd i wouldnt mind doing that. Just wanted to share short version of some of my cd exp or 2cents Wink

Hunt hard or go home!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: