May 28, 2024, 06:54:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bull buffalo  (Read 407 times)
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2023, 09:37:05 pm »

I got word today that a knife I made and donated to the Beaver St. Pit Bull club was used to butcher a bull buffalo that a friend's daughter got. This young lady is gonna have some stories to tell when she has grandchildren.  I have been making and donating knives for some time,  8 of them this year, but this one went to a young guy who's sister drew this bull tag from the Ft. Peck Indian Reservation in  Montana. They are tribal members who feel very emotional about taking a buffalo on ancestral lands. Oh and last year the young lady was crowned as the Princess at the Pendleton Round Up. Hopefully Thomas can post a picture or 2 since it is still above my paygrade.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 06:23:07 am »

Those are good pictures and pretty country. That’s a a heck of an animal. You can tell she was happy with it. It’s pretty cool you donating so many like that. That’s a heck of a lot of time and labor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 12:28:01 pm »

Fantastic. Nice Bull and good looking knife. What kind of rasp or file did you use?  Only a knifemaker knows the hours and labor that goes into making a knife. Very generous of you donating those knives.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 12:42:22 pm »

Very cool
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 10:49:36 pm »

Thanks T, Cajun it is a Save Edge rasp, my wife's farrier keeps me stocked up so it keeps my cost down for these fundraisers.
Semmes
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 05:53:10 pm »

Man that thing has a big ol head!

Glad you got one them fine knives in the hands of someone that made use of it!

Got to be a thrill and props for putn in the work and donating them to good causes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: