EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM

HOG & DOGS => DOGS ON HOGS => Topic started by: mporter on January 05, 2010, 12:04:12 pm



Title: European mount
Post by: mporter on January 05, 2010, 12:04:12 pm
I did this european in honor of a good dog that will truly be missed. I tend to forget how these dogs truly go to battle for us at times. Though he is running with some great ones up above, I am quite sure he is still bumpin a whitetail and laughing at me.....RIP Blackie

(http://i48.tinypic.com/1zhmbt.jpg)

(http://i49.tinypic.com/zix83c.jpg)


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: bghogdogtx on January 05, 2010, 12:35:43 pm
Man thats Awsome


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: FORREST on January 05, 2010, 01:00:23 pm
MAN THAT LOOKS REAL GOOD.  WHATS THE STEPS TO MAKE ONE COME OUT LOOKIN LIKE THAT?


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: lilmisshogdogger on January 05, 2010, 01:04:23 pm
D@MN GOOD 'UN!


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: Beejay on January 05, 2010, 02:39:46 pm
MAN THAT LOOKS REAL GOOD.  WHATS THE STEPS TO MAKE ONE COME OUT LOOKIN LIKE THAT?
x2


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: morgancreekkennels on January 05, 2010, 09:27:25 pm
Good Job on that one micheal!!!!


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: mporter on January 05, 2010, 10:10:17 pm
Thanks for the compliments....

I use a kit from here--- http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/102434/skull-bleaching-kit
The kit is as cheap as i have found'em and seems to work the best. It also comes with instructions that are easy to follow. Out side of the kit I use a pot and burner to boil the skull, super glue for teeth and clear coat for a finish. Usually have to boil the skull twice to get it clean and a dremel tool helps get the stain off the teeth. I have no idea why I enjoy a hobby as nasty as this one! If I can help answer any question if you try one just let me know.


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: Mike on January 06, 2010, 12:11:25 pm
That looks real nice... helluva hog.


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: JSEAY on January 07, 2010, 08:21:01 pm
Nice mount.. sorry about the dog


Title: Re: European mount
Post by: Goatcher on January 08, 2010, 10:17:21 am
Thanks for the compliments....

I use a kit from here--- http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/102434/skull-bleaching-kit
The kit is as cheap as i have found'em and seems to work the best. It also comes with instructions that are easy to follow. Out side of the kit I use a pot and burner to boil the skull, super glue for teeth and clear coat for a finish. Usually have to boil the skull twice to get it clean and a dremel tool helps get the stain off the teeth. I have no idea why I enjoy a hobby as nasty as this one! If I can help answer any question if you try one just let me know.

Thank you for this info.  I have done a few over the years myself, but I like the kit idea.  I see your skull has a very flat forehead, indicates to me a lot of European wild boar in that one.  Very nice mount!!