EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM

HOG & DOGS => HOG DOGS => Topic started by: crackerc on August 02, 2011, 12:32:37 pm



Title: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: crackerc on August 02, 2011, 12:32:37 pm
I took this pic as I was about to go in and feed them. I woke them up ad they were standing up and looking for me. They have figured out that I am bringing them groceries so they are real excited when I go to their pen.  They are funny pups, a couple have learned to jump over the board already and I mean JUMP not climb over it.

I am taking momma away this week. They get their first shots this week too, and wormed again. Wish I had room to keep them all, and could afford to feed 8 more mouths!! :o
(http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/MarkFreddy/august12011.jpg)



Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: hogaholicswife on August 02, 2011, 12:40:26 pm
Thats a good looking set of pups!  Glad to see they made it through the heat.


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: crackerc on August 02, 2011, 12:46:51 pm
They are something else I will tell you. Probably the most personable set of pups I have raised in a long time. I don't get to spend a lot of time with them due to work, etc but try to spend 30 minutes a day or so just hanging out with them. I turn them out (when its not pouring rain...) and they go all over the yard playing. They definately know who I am and are each developing their own personalities. Kind of cool to watch them grow, just wish I had more time to spend with them before they start going to new homes, but if I did, I probably WOULD wind up keeping them all!!  ;D



Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: geronimo on August 02, 2011, 03:43:59 pm
awsome pic mark. the pups look great also. cant wait to read or hear about them when they are older. is anyone hunting pups from the last litter yet or are they to young?


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: DangerZone on August 02, 2011, 03:52:42 pm
Those are some dang good lookers...


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: ironheadknls21 on August 02, 2011, 09:07:11 pm
Thats sure a good looking set of pups.......


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: firemedic on August 02, 2011, 09:10:47 pm
I think you should just keep 'em all Mark. ;D I wouldn't blame you one bit, they sure are alert and healthy looking to me. Good luck with them, how many are planning on keeping?


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: spazhogdog on August 02, 2011, 09:30:51 pm
Okay I like the one in the middle, that looks like she is going to bite the lil red one and the one that has a all black muzzle.   ;D

They really look good Mark


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: LTHogDogger on August 02, 2011, 09:53:04 pm
Good lookin pups man!! Hope they do good!


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: TimmsHogDogs on August 03, 2011, 11:07:35 am
I only see 7 in the pic ??? I thought you said you have 8..... you could always send some my way  ;D ;D ;D


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: crackerc on August 04, 2011, 12:02:41 pm
A couple of comments from guys that got one from the last litter of this cross:

We used Cracker for a lead in catch dog the other morning and he did great! Sure hate thats what he's doing but if thats his knew job then thats fine with us! he wants to hunt and has a great nose just tries to catch everything! But doing great.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How's things been going! I have been working lots of cattle and things have started to slow down a little! Pup is doing good he rides every where with us! I have been carring him on all the cow working jobs but still no intrest in cows at all he just kinda stays close! But the other day him and some young dogs left while we were driveing cows and stayed bayed on a hog for around 4 hours until I went and caught it .He seen I was there and came out and greeted me and then went back in and caught the hog! He's got a pretty good brain and is starting to like who he likes and hate who he hate's!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hes doing well, still a pup, big ol dog. im used to really really fast dogs, hes not slow but hes not a burner
either, im thinking hes still growing into his body.

hes been on good bit of hogs, catches with catchy dogs, and bays with bay dogs. seems to possibly be a nut dog. hes just inconsistent right now due to being a pup, ranges from 100 yards to 1000 lol. hes grumpy but ive let my old dogs whoop him everyday to keep him in check. ive never showed him a pened hog, only hogs he seen are in woods and i want to keep it that way, i want him to build his confidence naturally and slowly so he doesnt get killed being over confident.

hes found his own hogs and posseses a decent nose, likes to wind
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 8 pups still, one is just behind the others. Back to work, if I get a chnace I will post more later.


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: GAhunter on August 04, 2011, 09:01:43 pm
Pups look great! I really like that blocky headed pup on the right end!!!


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: grittycurrs81 on August 04, 2011, 09:10:26 pm
Good lookn pups


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: crackerc on August 05, 2011, 01:20:45 pm
That blocky headed pup on the right is a red male. He is BIG. At 6 weeks he weighs over 10 lbs! I think he is going to be as big as Kerry's yellow male when he gets through growing...........and I think that pup is around 70 lbs!


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: Logan-99 on August 05, 2011, 02:00:35 pm
 I like the one second to the left, good lookin pups!


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: Dexter on August 05, 2011, 07:45:28 pm
thats a great consistant litter of pups 
     Dexter


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: GAhunter on August 07, 2011, 09:18:43 pm
Yes sir, Kerry's pup is a big boy! Got to see him in the woods a couple weeks back. Plenty big enough to hold a nice hog!


Title: Re: My Pups at 5 weeks old
Post by: Rodeo on August 18, 2011, 11:02:51 pm
  Do you still have anymore pups left?  Please call me @ 281-690-7406