|
Title: miller wire welders Post by: arkla hunter on June 03, 2013, 08:41:11 pm Any of yall use the smaller miller wire welder that will hook up 2 a regular outlet? Ive used the bigger unit thats on wheels not sure the exact size or model but it is really nice. I was thinking about getting the smaller one so i wouldnt havta run a 220 wire out to my shop. Plus the smaller unit is alot cheaper. I dnt do just a hole lot of welding but i do like to build dog boxes, hog buggies and deerstands in my free time. I was just wandering if anyone has used both units and how they stack up against one another?
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: charles on June 03, 2013, 08:56:11 pm for everything ur saying u want to build, the smaller units will work fine. iv got a Hobart 140 and my builds r holding up good. i'll try n find the topic where I posted the build of my atv/dog trailer and I built a pig wagon and a front rack for my wheeler.
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: tuskbuster on June 03, 2013, 09:02:55 pm i use the Lincoln 140 and havent had a problem ,had a bad spool of alum.wire but after i changed brands works like a charm
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: txsteve85 on June 03, 2013, 09:10:37 pm For thinner materials 110 is fine...I prefer a 220 though.
I did use a 110 on my dog run 12 gage steel and it did pretty well. Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: charles on June 03, 2013, 09:12:43 pm ooops, its a weldmark. same as a miller and Hobart, all made by miller, but either way, here is my first trailer build.
http://www.easttexashogdoggers.com/forum/index.php?topic=47729.0 (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/002.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/002.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/016.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/016.jpg.html) here is the 4wheeler rack (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/676326F5-AB89-4E8A-BD10-1207B3D89B6D-12677-000016A2E209AC2E_zps864ecfe0.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/676326F5-AB89-4E8A-BD10-1207B3D89B6D-12677-000016A2E209AC2E_zps864ecfe0.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/E240A564-8E69-4186-8186-3ADD063ADEE1-12677-000016A2F9C79944_zps32ae298b.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/E240A564-8E69-4186-8186-3ADD063ADEE1-12677-000016A2F9C79944_zps32ae298b.jpg.html) my pig pen gate (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/F7B53D94-6F60-4F5E-80D5-9EC43825972F-7900-00000D7C0C3F8078_zps5f793793.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/F7B53D94-6F60-4F5E-80D5-9EC43825972F-7900-00000D7C0C3F8078_zps5f793793.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/4A117A51-C9AF-4F81-8262-E0E72ADDC36C-7900-00000D7C0045E417_zps0bf28858.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/4A117A51-C9AF-4F81-8262-E0E72ADDC36C-7900-00000D7C0045E417_zps0bf28858.jpg.html) pig wagon (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/D9B23A92-88B3-4308-8FDF-4CFEBC2AE0B3-3716-000006A72F44D031_zps781c32e2.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/D9B23A92-88B3-4308-8FDF-4CFEBC2AE0B3-3716-000006A72F44D031_zps781c32e2.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/7CC02D46-FD2B-4919-9CE9-B2C10744D5E1-3716-000006A7485BF2CE_zpsebcaa247.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/7CC02D46-FD2B-4919-9CE9-B2C10744D5E1-3716-000006A7485BF2CE_zpsebcaa247.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/0A01FF05-74A6-4E5E-8304-267C3694254A-3716-000006A77F73ECC1_zps98cb981d.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/0A01FF05-74A6-4E5E-8304-267C3694254A-3716-000006A77F73ECC1_zps98cb981d.jpg.html) (http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/charlesmann/5F2AFB66-23F0-482E-8594-222526CBEDBD-3716-000006A768C23521_zps218d8404.jpg) (http://s848.photobucket.com/user/charlesmann/media/5F2AFB66-23F0-482E-8594-222526CBEDBD-3716-000006A768C23521_zps218d8404.jpg.html) I also built a smoker, took 2 spools of wire, but got it built. cant find any pics of it, but wouldn't b hard to get pics, but I think u might get the point the 120vac welders will do what ur gonna ask out if it Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: arkla hunter on June 03, 2013, 09:21:52 pm Hey charles, the pic u posted helped out alot. Thats the same type stuff i like to tinker with on my free time. Same material and all. Do u use the argon bottle on ur or just the regular wire that doesnt require the bottle? O and this is Chance btw
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: charles on June 03, 2013, 09:35:16 pm Its flux core, but iv got the regulator for it and i also pucked up a miller 220 unit for $375 at the local welding. New price nearly $900, it came in for a drowned circuit board, the owner left it in the rain. Came with new ground, 15' cable and gun with a 10# spool of with. Aint made a 100' extension cord yet or ran romex to my storage building. Bout it 7 or so months back n its collecting dust. Uhhh, chance, i think i know u, but not sure. My meds arent workin as advertized for rapid memory decay, so pls forgive the uncertainty of who u r
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: arkla hunter on June 03, 2013, 09:45:08 pm Lol. Chance O'neal. U came down and hunted with me and jason winkler that one time. I think u may have got a bmc pup from me also...
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: DubbleRDawgs on June 03, 2013, 09:48:02 pm the miller 140 \ 110 we have a work works good .it does better on 70s6 bare wire and 75% argon and 25% co2 ..a lot better welds and not all the clean up from flux .. it has an auto setting ,but works better for you to adjust ..
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: ar.hogdog on June 03, 2013, 10:04:22 pm X 2! Be sure to hook some gas up to it.
Title: Re: Re: miller wire welders Post by: Hogsnatchers on June 03, 2013, 10:10:35 pm I have a Lincoln 140 if you want to try it out and see how you like it just buy the wire. I don't use it much its what I made my rack with the new red one I made.
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2 Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: charles on June 04, 2013, 07:25:14 am Ok, chance. I remember ya and i did get a dog from u. How u doin, how is wink? Aint heard from him in a long time, but i aint lived in yaws area for 3yrs. I thought u had another screen name, or atleast using some1 elses. Agreed bout using shielded gas wire to make prettier welds and cleaner weld, but i dont think looks help hold the metal together. If the machine is set rite, u can lay bead n watch the slag curl off as it cools. If it was suck a hassle to drag an extra bottle around, i would dang be using gas, but flux core has been workin for the 7yrs . Dont know what i would do if was anle to run gas, i would probably hav to learn how to hob-gob the metal together.
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: Hamilton_hogger on June 04, 2013, 07:55:59 am Wether you use 220 or 110 they both have settings to where you can weld thin mTerial or thick its just whatever you can afford myself i would go with 220 just because i uae one for a living and i like em.
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: jon on June 04, 2013, 09:11:04 am Lincoln weld pak HD plugs into 110 from home depot is what I have at home at work gotta Miller 251 it uses 220 and argon I hate it always gotta work on it I got to where I just bring my little flux core Lincoln with me and it does just fine even on sch 40 pipe
Title: Re: miller wire welders Post by: arkla hunter on June 04, 2013, 05:57:23 pm Thanks fellas, i appreciate the info!
|