|
Title: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: khildreth on September 10, 2013, 10:52:58 pm Im straddling the fence on whether to buy the Beast vest from Hardcore or the Guardian from Ugly dog. Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: LTcaughthog on September 11, 2013, 03:28:23 am Beast from hardcore. Strongly support his work. And if you ever get a major cut or damage from a nasty boar he will repair it. But also his material and stuff is top notch.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: justincorbell on September 11, 2013, 08:25:02 am I don't have experience with the best but I do know that everything i've ever purchased from ugly dog has been top notch and i've had great customer service thru the years with them as well.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: justincorbell on September 11, 2013, 08:25:20 am beast*
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: louisianahogdogger on September 11, 2013, 08:45:12 am Yeah I really like my beast vest no cut throughs yet
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: DrenalinJunkie on September 11, 2013, 09:37:32 am No opinion since I am new to running vests but following along.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: hoghunter71409 on September 11, 2013, 10:04:11 am Ive had two vest from Hardcore and they were both great. Hardcore repaired a cut vest for free and added some protection. Other guys I know use Uglydog and they are well satisfied also. I think you are buying a good product from either of these guys. I think which ever one you buy, you will be happy, but you will always wonder about the one you did not buy.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Jaredmiko on September 11, 2013, 10:32:58 am Beast from hardcore. Strongly support his work. And if you ever get a major cut or damage from a nasty boar he will repair it. But also his material and stuff is top notch. We have 3 vests from them all good vest 2 beasts and 1 tank Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: khildreth on September 11, 2013, 11:16:51 am If someone with a Beast gets a minute could they post some pics of theirs?
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: alapaha blue blood on September 11, 2013, 11:26:53 am I can't post but if someone calls me I have some pics of it and the tank it's all we use and trust we order all ours with 2 layers of Kevlar and have never had a problem and they have been on hundreds of hogs the best by far that we have used out of 5 different vest makers 361-548-3916 Michael is a great guy to and will fix em up if they get to torn up on the outside layer
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Jaredmiko on September 11, 2013, 09:16:55 pm (http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/ape9u6am.jpg)
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/12/adu7aras.jpg) Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Bonnie_Clyde on September 11, 2013, 09:32:33 pm Get a P and P vest and be done!!!!
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: alapaha blue blood on September 11, 2013, 09:52:28 pm No way I'd put a p&p on a dog down here In the summer way to heavy and hot not doggin the vest i think they r built to last but 3 hardcore vest weighs the same as 1 p&p and I've seen both our catch vest cut completely thru all 6 or 7 layers that's why we sold them
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: jon on September 14, 2013, 08:14:01 pm Hardcore are good vests my buddy runs em right at the moment I have ugly dog but last hog we got my collar was cut in half and had another pass through and the vest gotta clean pass through in the chest but the dog did live.. when I get new gear it'll be from Larry Parrish but ill have mine made in half vests I'm notta fan of full vests too hot and too much restriction IMO
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: M Bennet on September 15, 2013, 10:56:07 am I use p&p 11 ply and I hunt yr round never had a problem. For the price he beats everybody
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: jon on September 18, 2013, 08:57:04 am this is my ugly dog gear i was talking about, its rough but the dog did live... next will be p&p like i said though
(http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/kapplerjon/imagejpeg_2_zps20c5e6f5.jpg) (http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/kapplerjon/media/imagejpeg_2_zps20c5e6f5.jpg.html) (http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/kapplerjon/imagejpeg_2_zps1b110b81.jpg) (http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/kapplerjon/media/imagejpeg_2_zps1b110b81.jpg.html) (http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h345/kapplerjon/imagejpeg_2_zpse43fd926.jpg) (http://s1105.photobucket.com/user/kapplerjon/media/imagejpeg_2_zpse43fd926.jpg.html) Title: Re: Post by: SaltyhoggerJr on September 19, 2013, 06:08:56 am I've got hardcore & wouldn't do any other.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Txmason on September 19, 2013, 08:32:59 am I use Ugly Dog. They support this web site, TDHA, and good people to deal with. Equipment is the best in my book.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: HOGHUNTERX2 on September 19, 2013, 02:44:07 pm Ugly dog is top notch! Caught many many good hogs with it! Looks like he!! But no pass throughs.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: mailman on September 19, 2013, 04:12:49 pm What about swamp dawg? I have the super suit and really like it. Not too hot.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Shotgun wg on September 19, 2013, 06:20:59 pm What about swamp dawg? I have the super suit and really like it. Not too hot. I run a swamp dawg bay vest on a RCD. If anyone goes this route I suggest extra layer of Kevlar. Mine has done ok but it needs that extra layer to be used as I use mine. Shotgun Arkansas Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: HOGHUNTERX2 on September 19, 2013, 06:37:09 pm Custom collars has a new vest out called the dinasour!
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: alapaha blue blood on September 20, 2013, 07:18:48 am I thought ugly dog was top notch why would u consider another brand hog hunter
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: jon on September 20, 2013, 07:30:08 am I thought ugly dog was top notch why would u consider another brand hog hunter Maybe he seen my pictures of my ugly dog gear lolTitle: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Mike on September 20, 2013, 07:49:18 am Jon, you get one little hole in your vest and its junk? Be glad it did it's job and your dog is still alive. Any vest can be cut thru... don't believe all the bull$hit sales pitches you read.
I've used Ugly Dog gear since they started over 10 years ago... never had one cut thru. Just like others say their brand vest hasn't been cut thru... I guess we've all been lucky. Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: HOGHUNTERX2 on September 20, 2013, 08:11:16 am It is top notch! Just letting him know about the new vest.
Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Jaredmiko on September 20, 2013, 08:16:53 am Jon, you get one little hole in your vest and its junk? Be glad it did it's job and your dog is still alive. Any vest can be cut thru... X2 I've seen hardcore cut though and ugly dog cut through Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: jon on September 20, 2013, 09:19:44 am Jon, you get one little hole in your vest and its junk? Be glad it did it's job and your dog is still alive. Any vest can be cut thru... don't believe all the bull$hit sales pitches you read. Mike, I was just joking around, I still use ugly dog gear and that vest at that, and like I've said many times the dog IS still alive and I'm thankful for that. The only thing that did get me is seeing that collar get cut in half like it is, only thing holding it together is the two straps. I know every vest can be cut threw and WILL be cut threw on some hog at some point in time that's just a givin in this sport. Sorry if I ruffeled anyones feathersI've used Ugly Dog gear since they started over 10 years ago... never had one cut thru. Just like others say their brand vest hasn't been cut thru... I guess we've all been lucky. Title: Re: Would like some opinions on vests. Post by: Scott on September 20, 2013, 09:40:59 am Yep, despite what some will tell you...with the right hog and situation, any vest can be cut through. Recommendations are just that...you have to also consider who they are coming from and if they are being compensated for their opinion.
|