EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM

HOG & DOGS => GENERAL DISCUSSION => Topic started by: Bo Pugh on November 23, 2013, 08:22:15 pm



Title: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Bo Pugh on November 23, 2013, 08:22:15 pm
I recently got a weathorford Ben bred dog he's the first black mouth I had but he's just about all yellow not much black mouth on him as far as I know it's not many people over here around me that hunt any black mouths. I was just wondering if anyone likes them or could maybe put up a few pictures of some. The one I got is a pretty nice dog he's mean in the box but put him on the ground he will make a hog out of dirt and stick with a runner about 4 hours on most days silent on track and loose baying he's what I like in a dog. Would like to see some weathorford Ben dogs and hear a little about y'all's thanks


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colt on November 23, 2013, 09:41:50 pm
I really Like mine I have three from randy wright then pups out of them all mine work and loose baying dogs Like I want them to be a guy posted on here the other day and I said I liked them and a war broke out about how they are just catch dogs and not any good but I Like mine they are out of Kino and rango and a hellcat female


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Judge peel on November 23, 2013, 09:54:21 pm
If you like them who cares what any one else says lol


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: charles on November 23, 2013, 10:02:30 pm
Iv got 6 foundation line dogs, they r rough but i like a rough dog. Colt, ur post on the other thread say they were caught 800yds, dont sound to loose if they r caught.


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colt on November 23, 2013, 10:09:22 pm
It was their first hog and the poor lil hog probally didn't way 50lbs and had two grown dogs hanging on their ears they were nut n him but the parents and the older foundation dogs I got Arnt ruff just ruff enough that's about it bayed a group of about 10 or 15 this evening all were backed up holding the group


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colt on November 23, 2013, 10:12:30 pm
Charles what are u dogs out of


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: charles on November 23, 2013, 10:19:56 pm
Charles what are u dogs out of

5 of the 6 r heavy yellow jacket n i got an outcross to keep from getting to tight n he is grandson to hellkat i got him from john gist here in my area. He was comin on strong n hard, lookin like he was gonna b the better of the foundation dogs i have/had, but i broke his leg when he wrapped his chain around my feet during feeding time n pulled my fat a$$ on top of him. Since then, he hasnt been the same.


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colt on November 23, 2013, 10:24:22 pm
Man that suck I've head good things about that jackett line


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Bo Pugh on November 23, 2013, 10:29:33 pm
I seen the other post about some foundation dogs or something. Are they the same as a weathorford Ben dog? The one I got is suppose to be 34% or 38% weathorford Ben dog but I don't have any papers on him so I really don't know like I said as far as I know he's the only one around here and I know it's the only black mouth I ever hunted with I just wanted to know a little about the dog I have if anyone knows anything about 38% but I didnt buy him because of what he was as far as breeding I liked him for being a hog dog I'd like to see some pictures of a few if anyone has some they would share. He supposly came out of Texas but I didn't buy him from anyone in Texas I'm the third owner of the dog. The dogs name is clay if someone on here maybe owned him one time


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: charles on November 23, 2013, 10:38:09 pm
Yes, foundation n ben dog r wrapped in the same pgk unless folks r refering to ben jordan dogs.
Colt, why does it suck? I like the way my jacket lined dogs r, i dont see the suck in it unless some dont like rough dogs


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colt on November 23, 2013, 10:47:20 pm
Sucks that u feel on him broke his leg


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Reuben on November 23, 2013, 10:48:02 pm
here is the thing about hearing about good dogs...look for a high percentage of good dogs not 10 good dogs out of a 100...that is only ten percent good dogs...the odds are not very good in buying or producing what you want...just pointing out the facts...


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: txsteve85 on November 23, 2013, 11:24:46 pm
Gone now r.i.p sam...but he was good dog.
He was out of Mcilorys Tank X Cox Jenna.
HeavyBen on the top. Hunted hard and rough but smart about it.
(http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p656/solguin1/1b6304dd_zpsd3a83f09.jpg)


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Reuben on November 23, 2013, 11:38:32 pm
txsteveve85...one good looking dog right there...


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: charles on November 23, 2013, 11:41:35 pm
Here r a few of mine
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/9y9uqa5u.jpg)

Sire is pictured above
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/a6ataqu2.jpg)

Dam
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/9ega6u6e.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/ajuzy9y6.jpg)
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/y6ybusy2.jpg)

Father n daughter
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/eryhuzu4.jpg)

(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/4a7a4any.jpg)

An old dog i had that passed away a yr n half ago
(http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/sy2y5yqe.jpg)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: txsteve85 on November 23, 2013, 11:42:32 pm
Thx rueben he sure was and built just right.


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: maverick10 on November 24, 2013, 12:10:14 am
I seen charles dogs in person and that momma gyp to them pups was all catch


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Bo Pugh on November 24, 2013, 09:46:31 am
Yea them are all some good looking dogs mine looks a lot similar to the first pic Charles posted. If I was wanting to get a female weathorford Ben who would I need to get in contact with about getting one off the right yard


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: aussie black mouth curs on November 24, 2013, 04:28:27 pm
My cousin and I have spend a lot of time and money importing Weatherfords Ben dogs into Australia (Australias first BMC's).  The first 4 landed here August 2011.  The male is from Randy, 3 females from David Thoms.  We've had 4 litters so far and have just joined our fifth litter.  We are very very happy with them (as are people who have bought them from us).  They hunt pigs and work wild cattle.  They hunt pigs hard and will catch sows and smaller pigs, but bay boars, which is what we want.  One of my David Thoms females caught 12 hogs on her own in a single morning.  Our dogs are not the best of all time but we work them hard and cull hard as well.  We are looking forward to improving and developing the line here in Australia. 

If you'd like to see some work our youtube channel is

http://www.youtube.com/user/blackmouthcursaust?feature=watch

Troy


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: Bo Pugh on November 24, 2013, 07:15:42 pm
Aussie you have some nice looking dogs. And good videos to thanks for sharing


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: colecross on November 24, 2013, 07:33:47 pm
Charles,if i was to ever own a full blooded bmc,yours are wat i wont them to look like,good looking dogs.


Title: Re: What about the weathorford bed dogs
Post by: charles on November 24, 2013, 07:45:24 pm
Charles,if i was to ever own a full blooded bmc,yours are wat i wont them to look like,good looking dogs.

Thank ya.