September 28, 2026, 12:28:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
  Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: good question on: July 27, 2016, 03:46:35 pm
Best dog I own won't hardly look at one in a pen but if you put her in the woods she loves her job. She was started in the woods never put her in a pen when I was starting her.
2  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Pups on the way need a little advice on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:34 pm
Thanks for the input and the ideas in the process this week of setting everything up. Got a fan and a mister system plus some other small things I think should help them out. Then sit back and let her have them. Should be here about August 16
3  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Pups on the way need a little advice on: July 25, 2016, 06:26:58 pm
Man I hate to hear that. That's what I don't want to happen. My in laws have a fan with a mister on it the use for show calve's I may borrow one of those to put in her pen.
4  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Pups on the way need a little advice on: July 23, 2016, 05:45:20 pm
Thanks guys. The pen she will be in is shaded all day long and the box I have rigged up for her is very well vented and is rigged with fan in one end and open on the other so the air will be blowing across them. Hopefully all goes well really looking forward to this litter.
5  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Pups on the way need a little advice on: July 23, 2016, 03:00:35 pm
It's no secret it is HOT! I have my best gyp bred and I usually have pups in the fall/winter but this is an exception. The wife is not big on bringing them in the house. How do you guys keep pups alive and cool in the summer? Was going to for sure have a fan on them but not sure if it's enough. Ideas and suggestions welcome. Thanks in advane
6  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Need a little advice! on: January 11, 2015, 08:14:41 pm
Thanks for the input. Im going to try the shock treatment and see how far we get. I've owned dogs most of my life and have owned a couple bad males but just usually cull them if they dont come around pretty quick. But I had high hopes for this dog is the only reason im going to try a little harder at getting him lined out
7  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Need a little advice! on: January 11, 2015, 07:20:01 pm
Still a little new to posting to this site. I get on here and read alot of post just dont post much. But when I do most of you folks are quick to help. So here is what I have. I traded a catch dog for a registered mt cur male because I already a registered gyp and was looking to have a pair. Well....lets just say the guy wasnt completely honest and turns out he is a lil grouchy around other males. My question is have any of you tried to break a dog with shock collar and it work? A moody male is one thing I absolutely hate but this dog is a nice looking dog and hates a hog just is a lil grouchy around males. If I could line him out he will be a nice dog just tring to decide if I need to cut my losses or not. Any help appreciated thanks! By the way I have already tried the good ole bodark limb across the beak and it didn't work so hoping somebody has had luck with shock treatment lol.
8  THE CLASSIFIEDS / THE DOG TRADE / registered mt cur male (sold thanks ETHD) on: January 10, 2015, 11:49:27 pm
Sold.
9  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Question for you texas boys on: October 09, 2014, 09:54:07 pm
Thanks for the info. That really kinda sucks considering I don't know how much I'll be going over there. You would think since hogs are so bad it would just be a free for all lol. But I don't plan on keeping or killing any just helping a few boar hogs lose a few of there man parts as they go there way  Grin. Up here in oklahoma you only have to have a hunting license if you are carrying a gun with you while your hunting. Even at that most of the wardens in my area don't care as long as they don't catch you taking any out alive.
10  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Question for you texas boys on: October 09, 2014, 10:49:12 am
Hey fellas im from oklahoma and got on a place across the river im about to be able to run dogs on. Somebody told me I will have to have a hunting license to hunt hogs in texas. True or False? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!
11  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: range? on: September 29, 2014, 07:33:15 pm
Hey im new to this sight but just thought I would comment. I like a dog to hunt and not under my feet but as long as they are staying busy i can work around how far they are ranging most of the time. However I wish that something could be posted somewhere that everyone agrees on as far as range is concerned and if there is let me know lol. I know everybody's idea of short range or long range is different but I just bought a dog that was suppose to long range and I took him on trial and I could see the dog the whole time we were hunting. Now im stuck with a dog that doesn't really suit me bc got the run around on bringing him back which is another story for another time lol. Just would be nice if everybody was on the same page  Grin I agree with you guys though a dogs range should be how far they go looking for sign or pigs not how far they take a track.
12  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Who else prefers a bay? on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:02 pm
That's my favorite way to do it. Caught a lot of hogs that way. I kinda like to have two-way dogs like your talking about though. Funny thing is im just getting back into hunting after being out for awhile. And the dogs I got right now aint nothing like that. Borderline straight catch  Cheesy
13  THE CLASSIFIEDS / CLASSIFIED ADS / 1978 f150 4x4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:52:30 pm
I have a 1978 ford f150. Has 351m motor and the c6 auto transmission. The guy I got it from had the motor and the trans rebuilt and let it set for a year. It runs and drives no problem. Only issue it has is the pinion seal is leaking and has exhaust leak on the right side header. I have a brand new set of flow tech headers to go with the truck just havnt had time to put them on. I put a new windshield and back glass in it and tinted all the windows. Put 900 dollars worth of tires on about 3 months ago. Needs painted but interior is in good shape. Asking $4000 OBO. Call or text 5803176509 for info and pics. Or jcahill6509@gmail.com Dont want to get rid of it but need the money to pay off some bills that's the only reason im selling it. Located in Hugo OK look it up before you start asking a lot of questions.
14  THE CLASSIFIEDS / THE DOG TRADE / registered Mt cur fs or trade (squirrel dog) on: September 13, 2014, 04:39:32 pm
Have a OMCBA registered Mt cur for fs or trade. Shes a started squirrel dog. She hunts great up to 300 yards. Road hunts or walk hunts been coon hunted a Lil bit as well. She will run squirrels up a tree but just started barking a little bit at the tree and not staying treed very long. Should be able to shoot some out to her and finish her out this fall and winter when the leaves are off. Nothing really wrong with the dog just would like to get back into hog hunting. Paid 400 for her would like to get that back. She has a nice set of papers on her or looking to trade for a registered bmc puppy or maybe a good started bmc that will have some range to them. Can text pics of the dog and pic of her papers if interested. Call or text 5803176509 or jcahill6509@gmail.com don't check it much.

Still got her open to trades or offers. Just let me know worst I can say is no. My little boy told me he wanted to get out of squirrel hunting and back into hog hunting. Just trying to make that happen for him. Will still trade for bmc pups or young dogs registered or not or a good catch dog.
Pages: [1]
Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!