October 09, 2026, 11:48:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
  Home Help Search Calendar Login Register  
  Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  HOG & DOGS / DOGS ON HOGS / Re: Back in GA.... got 19 today. on: February 16, 2013, 12:30:03 pm
Sounds like a great day. Are you running rough dogs?
2  HOG & DOGS / GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Pics of everyone's best strike dog on: February 14, 2013, 02:10:24 pm

Kat 1/2 cat 1/2 bluetick my personal best strike dog coming 4 yro

My partners best Black full brother to Kat

Kat is one fine looking dog. Is he silent when on track?
3  HOG & DOGS / GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Pics of everyone's best strike dog on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:09 pm
Sorry on the typo but to that quote. What kind of dog is he?
4  HOG & DOGS / GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Pics of everyone's best strike dog on: February 12, 2013, 09:05:53 pm
I have learned a lot from Tiger!
 




This is what his face looks like after most hunts from htting the briars, cactus, and the rest of the thorny thick stuff we hunt in

All these dogs are carrying the same blood

What kind of dog is he?

Sure wish i could find the right gyp to breed him too to get some pups off of him!
5  HOG & DOGS / GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Hogs for dog feed.. on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:39 pm
Never heard of that but i do remember when my pawpaw would feed our deer dogs the guts after we cleaned a deer. He was real old school and said it was good for them. Not sure if it was good or not but we did it everytime.
6  HOG & DOGS / GENERAL DISCUSSION / Horseback Hog Hunters. on: February 12, 2013, 01:37:54 pm
I am going on a hunt this weekend on horseback. I have never hunted off a horse before but am looking forward to it. I have an option between a saddle horse or a quarter horse. Both are about the same acting while hog hunting. (or atleast I was told that. ha) Which horse should I ride? Also, for the hog hunters that do hunt off horses, what kind of horses do yall have?
7  HOG & DOGS / DOGS ON HOGS / Re: Monster Teeth on: February 11, 2013, 03:12:10 pm
Great catch guys. What kind of dogs do yall have?
8  HOG & DOGS / DOGS ON HOGS / Re: 2/6/13 Nice open ground hunt on the wheat. on: February 07, 2013, 01:50:04 pm
awesome pictures. What kind of dogs are you running?
9  HOG & DOGS / DOGS ON HOGS / Re: 58 since the first of the year on: February 06, 2013, 05:30:42 pm
Good looking pack of dogs. What kind of dogs are they?
10  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Beginner hog hunter. What type of dogs? Advice needed. on: February 01, 2013, 01:44:03 pm
Once again thanks for the responses. Does anybody have some good websites to find some dogs (bay or rough dogs). Wanting to look around on the internet ( if i can find any websites) before I drive any where.
11  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Beginner hog hunter. What type of dogs? Advice needed. on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:17 pm
I will be hunting mainly hunting clubs/farmland with CRP fields, cutovers, canebrakes, and just plane ol thickets. I have been on hunts when we have runners then sometimes they will run 100 yards and not a yard further. I have thought about maybe getting 1 or 2 strictly bay dog with a good nose and hunts long range just for those slow days when the hogs are not moving much, but that is if I decide to go with a pack of rough dogs. These are just ideas though, not sure what I want to do yet.
12  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: lets see sum dogos on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:40 pm
I hunt in MS and have never hunted with dogos. Are they used and just catch dogs or do they hunt just like a curr etc,?
13  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Re: Beginner hog hunter. What type of dogs? Advice needed. on: January 31, 2013, 08:44:39 pm
Thanks for the responses. Most of the time they ride rodes and game pick up trails and let the hogs hunt through the woods and the rodes while we ride behind them. Sometimes they will walk the dogs themselves through cutovers etc. Another question is about how much would a few good dogs cost that hunt and find hogs themselves cost? I was thinking about getting some finished dogs and working with there pups in the long run.
14  HOG & DOGS / HOG DOGS / Beginner hog hunter. What type of dogs? Advice needed. on: January 31, 2013, 02:39:52 pm
I am going to get my first pack of dogs in the near future and am needing some advice. I have been hog hunting with friends over the last 7 or 8 years. One group I go with runs plott hounds, curr, and walker crosses that are mainly bay dogs. They will catch a hog around 50lbs or less and anything bigger they will send a catch dog. The thing i dont like about this is dogs often get too far apart and we spend half the day going after dogs, and a couple times the bay has busted when the catch dog is sent to the bay. Is this just the group of dogs or common with hunting this way. The other group I go with runs catahoula, curr, and plott hound crosses that are more rough dogs. They will bay and catch the hog with no problem once several dogs are there to help catch the hog. The thing I dont like about this is it seems like the dogs dont hunt out far enough from the atvs and some dogs are just help dogs and wont hunt on their own. Once again, is this just the group of dogs? The reason I'm asking this is because if I ask them about it they make up excuses about the dogs and dont want to admit if they have a few bad dogs in the pack.
Pages: [1]
Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!