September 30, 2026, 02:59:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "big" hunting dogs ?  (Read 12672 times)
buddylee
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 914



View Profile
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:46:44 am »

5150, that sounds like a good cross. I did a breeding a little over a month ago and I think and hope it took. I breed the same dane/pit to another female in September and it didn't take so who knows about this time.

 This time I breed my dane/pit to a 1/2 Campbell cur 1/2 pit. A Campbell cur is basically a pointer/pit cross. He weighs 90 lbs. She weighs about 50 lbs. Both are straight catch. The cur was an outstanding hog dog that was a great winding and trailing dogs. The pit in the dam was also an oustanding dog. Was told she would regulary trail hogs for miles. My dane/pit hasn't found yet but will go with the curs as far as they go and has the energy and wind left to catch whatever.

The point of me posting was to see who was running big dogs and to see how they are working out.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!