October 08, 2026, 07:36:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "big" hunting dogs ?  (Read 12714 times)
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4231


WWT Official scorer


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »

Here is my "big dog". This is Buddy. I don't know his breeding for sure but you can tell by his head that he is part dane. My guess is pit/dane. I use him as a lead in cd but have run him loose before and he has found and caught his own hog several times. I ran him loose in the corn fields last year when the pigs wouldn't bay up. He is my wife's favorite dog and a big pet. He sits on the front porch and talks to me every morning until I come out and feed him. I don't know how far he will get from me while hunting but I just got a garmin so that shouldn't be too hard to find out now. He weighs in between 90 and 100 lbs. And he loves to catch hogs!

thats a good lookin dog
Logged

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!