September 27, 2026, 10:31:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young baydog catching pic on pg. 3  (Read 12024 times)
Noah
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4711



View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »

Excellent subject.... Even if the question does not directly pertain to actual hunting...

The old timers I hunt with have told me the same thing about "nubbing" canines, filing them down so the hogs didn't get so torn up... course this was back when you had, basically, straight domestics free ranging...

Where I hunt, the hog is an animal my dogs are meant to control...  there is no thought of release, as long as they get it done.. 

Havin' perty rough dogs... I do admit I have thought about the "nubbing" technique however... pretty extreme... and I sure would hate to lessen my dog's ability to hamstring a bad runner by doin' it...

Just try not to judge somethin' because you don't understand it... have to tell myself that every day....  Wink

Just like everything else in life... the more you learn, the less it seems.. you know.
Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!