October 10, 2026, 06:11:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Corn field boars  (Read 3903 times)
RedWoodBo
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:36:50 pm »

I got a call Wednesday night that there were hogs in this guy's corn field, so I went by my self after I got home from church. My Red dog struck one about 300 yd. in the field and he ran to the edge of the field and bayed. I got him caught and loaded on the 4 wheeler, drove around the field and Red, LJ, and my pup April went about 80 yd. in the field and bayed a group. When the cd got there the pigs broke and Red started catching shoats that were laid up in the weeds. LJ, April and the cd went about a half a mile and caught. By the time I could get there they had gotten beat up and were headed back. April had a good gash on her side, so I loaded them up and called it a night, so I just ended up with the one boar that went about 135.

Last night my buddy Jake came out and we made a round on the corn fields that were now cut for sileage. Jake ran one of his young dogs and a pup, and since Red had blown his pads on Wed., I ran LJ and my fiests, Spud and Spanky. We were about to call it a dry run when the dogs made a turn and headed out. We heard them bark a few times, then Lj headed across the wide open field at a high rate of speed. He got to the weeds at the edge of the field about 1000 yd. away and started making loops and trying to work it out. I thought he might be trashing but we drove over there anyway, and when we got close the other dogs started working it too. It took them a few minutes and I was about ready to leave when they found where he was laid up in the weeds. We sent the cds and got him tied, another boar about 120 lbs.

I was sure proud of Lj since it was his first time as a lead dog, and last week he wouldn't bay in a bay pen??? Huh? I started him last fall and he has been on maybe 30 or 40 hogs. This was the feists second time in the woods. They sure kept him sitting down to protect his jewels or he had a feist hanging from them. lol

Here is a pic of the hog from last night, I didn't get one of the hog on Wed.



Here is Lj


nice
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!