October 07, 2026, 07:14:29 am
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Three generations...
>
Message #27684
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Three generations... (Read 20300 times)
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom
Offline
Posts: 4690
Re: Three generations...
«
on:
February 03, 2009, 11:42:39 am »
Marshall, Tweety is the black dog on the left. She hunts VERY hard, what some would call med-long range but mainly just hussels and makes BIG clover leaf patterns when you hunt. I have never seen the dog get tired. We started hunting with her last spring and all through the summer and fall winter and she just has a lot of go to her. I have never hunted with the Winchester dog but he is said to hunt very good. The pups out of the two looked just like their momma and hunt just like their momma, that is Brandy there on the right. The man that owns the Brandy dog bred her on purpose to a big male 3/4 cur 1/4 plott that was out of some good dogs. The pups are the product of that cross. I got a few females out of the same litter as the pups pictured here. Our hope is to determine the pups out of the litter that shine and breed the females to their uncle "obama" and maybe breed one of the males back to the Tweety and see if we can keep producing these big black dogs that hunt really well and make good strike dogs. The man that bred the pups kept one and four of us bought up the rest of the litter to see if they have what it takes. As much as I hate pups I sure like to watch them grow and learn and become dogs. I don't think hunting would be as much fun if you couldn't watch a young dog progress....
Matt
Logged
"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...