October 02, 2026, 11:10:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shutting down a runner with the dogs you have  (Read 3905 times)
smarlowe
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 201


View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:10:18 pm »

Dj, you spoke of unstopable runners ! I've not hunted much outside ohio so I'm not sure if you experience this or not, we currently have snow and this is how I watched this happen. Yesterday my partner and I start into about 400 acres of clearcut thicket, heading for a particular spot in the thicket we we're gonna hunt the dogs into the wind. While setting upto make this run the wind was at our back going into a different thicket. From the ridge me and the dogs were on I watched a large hog bust outta a thicket on a dead run several hundred yds away! We had been silent setting up for that hunt and I'm sure that hog smelled us from atleast a cuple hundred yds and took to runnin I put the dogs on its track when we got over there and they followed for about 1200 yds. Never saw the hog again that hogs tracks were 10 and 12 yds apart for the entire 1200 yds , probably longer because that's where I stopped. Do your hogs act like that ?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!