September 28, 2026, 12:21:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how old are you & do you still hunt  (Read 7390 times)
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 06:11:42 am »

I am 56 years old...as a kid I lived way out in the boonies...lots of hard word ranching and farming...my friends lived far enough away that it just made it easy to just hunt almost every day with my dogs...sometimes twice a day if I could get away with it...life was hard but the dogs made it fun...

Now, I would like to hunt twice a week but once a week is ok...every now and then I go every other week but when you have the right hunting dogs it really doesn't matter...they still find and catch hogs....of course feeding any good dog tracks just makes them that much better...

Also retired from a chemical company and went back to work in Safety/Permit writing after laying off a few years...I wanted to know how it felt like to not work for a while...didn't like it... Grin but if I won the big lotto... I would be huntin every day but mostly with dogs...fooling with dogs would be my full time job...
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!