October 08, 2026, 08:34:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fitting for a cowboy hat  (Read 8345 times)
sanman
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 425


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 11:26:05 pm »

I won a hat for high point bronc ride at the very first CPRA finals they ever had. It was in '92, I think. I was a custom hat from a guy in OK named Stan Runion. That was the absolute best hat I have ever owned. It was very well built, and held up forever. I had it re-blocked and cleaned twice at some place in Ft. Worth. I still wore that hat until I gave it to my younger cousin in about 2005 or so. Started getting a little tight for me, but he still wears it around. I don't know if he is still building them, but I was very impressed with that hat!


he's workin for the state now if ya know what i mean, seems he was makin more than hats...
Well, if they would give him the tools, he could dang sure pay his own way, lol. Man makes a heck of a hat! I had always heard he was in a wheelchair, or something like that. Story I was told by the older bronc riders was that his old lady shot him!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!