October 07, 2026, 06:38:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: great white shark spotted in the gulf  (Read 3645 times)
Hog Dog Mike
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 486


View Profile
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:09:17 pm »

When I was in the service I spent a little time in Hawaii. There is a place there named Ft. Derussey and it is for R&R for servicemen.

Anyway, I rented a surfboard and paddled out to catch a wave. I was sitting on the surfboard and happened to look under me and there was a shark swimming under me. It was alot longer than the surfboard and wider and I was terror stricken. I would be like a big top water bait. This shark could have bit me in two with ease.

All I knew to do was get on top of the surfboard and go to shore because the tide was incoming. Everything was fine until this giant wave was about to crash over me. I started paddling as fast as I could but soon realized that I was going too fast as I hit the bottom of the wave.  All I could think of was getting thrown off the board. I get a death grip on the board and held on as I was thrown around like I was in a giant maytag.

When the surf board finally came to the top I was still on it and now I was close enough to shore to start paddling. Finally I got back to the shore and immediately turned in the surfboard and told them I would not be needing it anymore even though I had it rented for the day.
That was 1967 and I have never set foot in the ocean since that day.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!