September 29, 2026, 02:23:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida hog hunting  (Read 3910 times)
hank
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 225



View Profile
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:12 pm »

Well, I just got back and it was an interesting day to say the least. I got there at one, because they had an open comment session where they gave the 1st 15 people 3 mineach to talk. I put in my card and waited. At 1:30 there was about 40 anti's holding pictures of dead dogs, kids mauled by pitbulls, knifes, etc. On the pro hunting side it was just me. LOL. If looks could kill I wouldn't have made it. Everybody got their 3 min. I mentioned some stuff about passing on a hunting heritage. The lady after me took a couple shots at me for that. Kids witnessing that brutal stuff etc. I also made a point of mentioning that most hog hunters were working men and women and regrettably could not make it here at 1:30 on a weekday. One of them played a  youtube video on the big screens of a caught hog being killed with a knife. It was actually not to bad of a video, but on the bigscreen with the tention in the air, it seemed more dramatic than it was. A few of them started crying. The commision wasn't scheduled to discuss this till around 4, so I left and ran some errands. I was pretty doubtful it would pass due to the large amount of negative feedback the commision got.
I got back in time for the discussion. Swiftmud people gave a really good presentation on how destructive hogs where, showed a bunch of pics of the damage and what they do to the native animals. They fielded some questions from the commisioners about the hunt and took a vote. 4 to 1 in favor of allowing the hog hunt. Man there was some pissed hippies in the room. They made a bunch of noise and left. One of them yelled at me as I was walking out. The commisioner that voted no met me on the way out and told me thanks for coming and then said that me and him were on the same page. Funny thing was before he voted no he went on to say how he was a hunter etc, just didn't think it was right for our county.
A win for us. What I learned.
1. Even then tame pics and videos are going to be used against us.
2. Those people can sure stir up a crowd.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!