September 29, 2026, 03:56:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jam up kemmer dogs?  (Read 6464 times)
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« on: October 18, 2012, 06:48:36 pm »

this pup is 50% kemmer and 50% Texas Smoke bred which makes him pure mt. cur...He is like his grand sire in that he does not really bay just has a unique roar...When I heard him for the first time I new he was going to be more of a catching type strike dog...He is making a good strike dog but his sister hunts as well as the good ones I had...they are 15 months old right now.



below is his sister in the back ground...she has the grit also...



these dogs are slightly smaller than what I like and the hair a little longer as well...my friend basicly has the same bloodline I helped him start with but he likes his somewhat different than what I like...but the foundation blood is still there...I am just glad I was able to get some of it back...

it doesn't matter what breed because in every breed there are more culls than good dogs...the reasons in my opinion are many but one stands out and that is that in nature the law of average runs high and this includes breeders as well...average to me in a hunting dog is a cull or a stepping stone to better dogs...
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!