October 03, 2026, 09:03:30 am
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Blue pits and bullies question
>
Message #405236
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Blue pits and bullies question (Read 6090 times)
hansonw
Strike Dog
Offline
Posts: 301
Re: Blue pits and bullies question
«
Reply #20
on:
November 30, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
I do own a blue pit but I do not believe that blue has always been in the gene pool. Example for years I raised champion blood labradors then I swapped to weimaraners. Once upon a time I breed a Weimaraner to a chocolate lab had blue pups. Kept a pup and bred back to a brown lab. Basically ended up with blue labs. Well now the akc recognizes "silver labs". And you can tell by most that they have Weimaraner in them if you have been around both breeds. All you would have to do is have two papers labs and breed a Weimaraner instead of one of the labs but use the labs papers keep a pup and do again. I giggled the first time I saw a registered silver lab a buddy bought for a grand and it had thin floppy ears like a Weimaraner. I never registered and sold but there is no doubt in my mind that's what somebody did labs have been around to long for blue to start popping up. Just like pits someone bred a different dog probably a Weimaraner and was using a registered dogs papers. Kind of like I have also seen Merle pits. They did the same thing but used a catahoula. Just because a dog is registered does not mean anything when somebody is in it for the money this I just my opinion.
Logged
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...