October 10, 2026, 02:23:24 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Barring hogs ?
>
Message #413969
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Barring hogs ? (Read 8390 times)
cward
Hog Doom
Offline
Posts: 3206
Re: Barring hogs ?
«
Reply #40
on:
January 04, 2013, 06:32:12 am »
First off halfbreed it is not illegal. I called and talked to the representative state man for my area. The state lawyer talked to texasj on this issue and its not illegal. You can also transport and release hogs if they have been tested. It cost $3.00 per hog thats pretty cheap to test a trailer load. Barring is a tradition for us in easttexas . EVERY dogman within 35 miles of my home barrs hogs. I hunted with guys for years if a dog killed a choate that dog got his assed whipped as if he was trashing Barrs do taste better as I said before any pork you eat out of the store is either Barr or sow. NEVER A BOAR. It is very seldom I catch one of the barrs I cut. But everyone around me barrs hogs i catch there's and I guess they catch mine. I mark the ear and only knock the switch off the tail.(so I have something to get a Holt to if I do ever catch him again . The barrs in our country get educated and will run as far and as hard as any boar,when they bay they are mean and ruff. They also will dump dogs in sows. As i have a different opinion on hogs dumping dogs but that is for another thread .
Logged
Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Pages:
1
2
[
3
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...