October 04, 2026, 06:44:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hankering from Hell !  (Read 1206 times)
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3544



View Profile
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »

Reuben you can bet that is gonna happen if he keeps improving and making a real dog for sure for sure.

 I need to explain about the Bell dog some.  At a year ole Bell was running with my Black Jack dog and that crew and doing very very well at every bay out and about hunting really good.  I cant remember excatly when but somewere around year and a half Bell got cut and bad bad  ,  Well I shouldnt say cut she got HAMMERED ! By a big big boar hog that cut all my dogs that day .  She got hit directly in the chest right in the stermnum and it went to the bone should have killed her.  It was really really bad.  Well it took her close to six months to really get healed and all the soreness out .  After that Bell that big time cutting Bell slowed way way down and she was not herself for about a year I guess still go to the bays still hunt some but just not herself .
Then at about a little over 3 yrs old I guess maybe 3 1/2 we went to a place that had and was known for some really really bad boar hogs that nobody can hunt on unless he calls me and wants to cut some of them out .  Well Kyle, Tom, Myself and Cory I think Cory was there man we got on a bunch of hogs the dogs split bay and we went to the closest one when we got there we got the hog but both my dogs were cut pretty bad.  Then we went to the next bay got the hog ,  Then I had two younger dogs bro and sister they were off on one their selfs and baying like hell for a long long distance so we started to them got half way there and the barking quit I said oooooooooo number 2 .  Start tracking the dogs and finally come up on them both were cut to peices and both had puntures to the lungs .  I wrap the dogs in plastic tape em up tight tight tight to keep the lungs from collasping till we can get to the truck but my Bell dog is missing this whole time once the hogs broke .  I was short a trackin collar so she didnt have one that day and since she was not hunting like she use to I figured she would not be off hunting to far and not hard to find MISTAKE !

We holler and look for her on our way out noting .  Get the dogs back to the truck go to work on them for a long long time got finshed with them best I could .  Then we go to looking for Bell we hear noting see noting cannot find her any were .  At one time we thought we heard a dog a long long long way off barking but we dismissed it because Bell had not been hunting that well since she took the cutting she took with Black Jack.   So we take the hurt dogs home get them fixed up .  Well its late and I go back out there am sitting down on this ole wagon trail by myself all the sudden I hear a smashing coming threw the woods sounded like a stampead to my amazement I look up and I counted I think it was 12 are 15 dont remember all boar hogs walking across the old wagon trail I like to number 2 on myself to say the least never seen that many big boar hogs running in a pack like that .   Well I looked and looked no Bell.  Am thinking the worst now . 
She has got to be dead after all these bad mothers in one place and I got my whole damn crew of dogs cut up. 

So I go home .  Go back out there at 7 am still no Bell hunt for her till around 10 am   go home just as I go in the door the phone rings .  The man says do you own a Blue looking dog I said hell yeah he said I have her right here.  Well I tore out to go get her.  Get there the man says boy what kind of dog is this told him a Lacy .  He said this is a hell of a dog I said why you say that he said because I work here at yesterday evening at around 4 something I heard this dog barking down in the bottom and I got up on the lake dam and could see her and hogs down there .   Well I left here at after 5 pm and she was still barking at the hogs .  I went home I come back this morning and she is still down there and I hear her barking again so I go to the lake damn and call and call for her but she would not come out the bottom and I was not going to go get her with those wild hogs down there.  He said well I went back to work and about 10 am I go back to the lake damn and go to calling for her she is still barking well I said the hell with it and was going on about my business when I look up here she comes running down the lake dam towards me ahhahahahaha he said thats when she came to me I watered her and got your number off her collar !

Now folks that was at around 10 am the other morning when we lost Bell and that was her we hear barking way way 2 miles off in the distance and we dismissed it but she was still on them hogs the next morning at 9 am he said she must have stay with them all nite long because she was still there barking when he got to work the next morning   .

Anyway from that moment on Bell went back to the ole Bell before she got cut and has improved every hunt since !  As a late starter I say that because at about 4 years old Bell turned into a great dog and now at 6 she is even better and still seems to be getting better.

Thats the Lacy Dog "Bell" story  and plenty of witnesses to back that story up .
Logged

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!