October 11, 2026, 12:53:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breakstick Technique  (Read 2547 times)
Skrag
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 183


View Profile
« on: March 12, 2013, 07:47:37 am »

 
 I don't like the idea of a break stick , seems like you could break a tooth .
A break stick has to be used properly or it WILL break teeth.  I put my break stick in the joint of the jaw.  I then push the dogs nose into the hog.  This makes the dog open their mouth for a split second to take a breath.  When the dog does this I roll the breakstick to keep the jaws open and pull the dog away from the hog simultaneously.
We do the same. I made some sticks out of broken axe handles and they work well. Put end of stick right at the joint of jaw. Put just enough pressure to hold it there. Push dog to hog. His jaws will move and stick is now in joint. Then you can twist it a hair or just pull him off depending on how he has the ear. But i have heard of all kinds of ways to break them. This just works for me so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!