October 09, 2026, 03:39:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever hear anyone say they've caught 500 plus hogs with a dog?  (Read 19427 times)
reatj81
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1201


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 10:57:32 am »

I have a pit gyp that is 7 started using her as soon as she turner 1yr old.  Let's just say I only use her 20 weeks a year. And say I only hunt her twice a week, and say only use her to catch 2 hogs per hunt.  That's 480 hogs shes caught. That doesn't count the hunts where we catch 6-12 with her as only catch dog, or when I hunted 3-4 times a week, or way more than 20 weeks per yr.   majority of those hunts she is the only catch dog.  So I would say her numbers are way higher than this.  At this point she is showing no signs of slowing down.  I may get 2-3 more years out of her.  All those catches and only been cut 4 times, 3 of those were the first year, and one was last year.  Ear every catch & 80%--90% of those are right ear! 
I have two bay dogs that will be 3 end of May.  In June of the year they turned 1yr I lost the only old dog I had.  So they had to step up and be the dogs.  That winter in January & February I kept track of caught hogs, it was 141, or 144 I don't remember, I would have to find the calendar & look to be sure.  So it would be safe to say they have been on 400 to 500 already.   So when we do the math the numbers are higher than we realize.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!