September 28, 2026, 09:06:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gettin started!!  (Read 4719 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2203



View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:47:35 pm »

I was raised my whole life running walker dogs on deer. About 10 years ago it got to the point running deer dogs became very unpopular with the increases in deer populations. Prior to that everybody liked to hear them walkers hammering because they knew they were gonna get a chance at a deer. About 6 or 7 years ago we started having problems from pigs on the farm. I started shooting and spotlighting hogs every chance I had. Learned pretty quick without dogs I wasn't gonna do much good. Called a couple guys and had them come. The only way we allowed folks to run on us is if one of us was with them. It worked for both is and them because they killed hogs and we took responsibility for access to adjoining properties. If anything was said It was directed at me not them. Eventually about a year ago I decided if I wanted dogs available whenever I needed them I better get my own. Started with my Kane dog then added 2 more then 1 more to get what I have now. It has been a learning experience but the basics were there from the walker days. One day I will make this muttly crew into a pack I can be proud to put on the ground in front of anyone.
Logged

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!