October 05, 2026, 02:26:28 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
DOGS ON HOGS
>
Few thoughts on the cow dog/hog dog correlation....
>
Message #46925
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
...
5
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Few thoughts on the cow dog/hog dog correlation.... (Read 23251 times)
cward
Hog Doom
Offline
Posts: 3206
Re: Few thoughts on the cow dog/hog dog correlation....
«
on:
May 19, 2009, 10:46:06 am »
Well I'm going to jump in on this one I breed my dogs to work both ways I have 20 dogs on my place 13 solid working dogs every one will go both ways they all handle like champs they all will find a cow or hog they have speed very smart I can leave three baying a herd and pull two off to go find more cows.NOW AS FAR AS STOPPING A HOG ain't been out run this year caught every thing they bayed Have not been on a dry run this year they must be doing something right.I catch cattle at least 3 days a week not had a cow get away.GENTICICS makes a differents now I do cull but I don't cull but about 1 of 20 pups usally It is because it is working way better on hogs than it is on cows and I will give it to a staight hog hunter.I hog hunt about twice a week I will put my cow/hog dogs against most any hog dog will bet they will stop the hog before a regular every day hog dog.I have one dog that is what I call a CHEATER he can stop a running hog in a heart beat he does not run track for track he runs wide and puts the heat on that a$$ his daddy was that way his grandpa was that way.Yes I have worked with hart breed dogs and wetherford ben breed dog I like watching them work but would not put them in my yard.My uncle breed to a hart dog a long time ago and the puppies turned out good He culled one out of seven that did not handle the pup out worked the rest but would not handle.I do not sell dogs I am in the cow business not in the dog business when I breed I breed for me and will give the rest of the litter away.People who know me will tell you that my culls are there best dogs If a dog does not work he don't leave my PLACE I don't give a true cull away.
Logged
Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Pages: [
1
]
2
3
...
5
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...