October 08, 2026, 05:05:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: range?  (Read 3614 times)
decker
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 174


View Profile
« on: April 01, 2014, 09:50:57 am »



If I had to put numbers on it, I would pretty much agree with what

Different means and methods for everyone...doesn't make it right or wrong.  The dogs you describe above are EXACTLY how I demand mine be. 

Range (in terms of how far they will actually hunt out) is not near as important to me as the fact that they will move out and find a hog without me walking, riding, hissing, or actually doing anything to move them or provoke them to hunt.  Perhaps I'm lazy, but casting is my preferred method of hunting and if you use some sense and cast the dogs in a direction to succeed (areas of fresh sign...use the wind to their advantage, etc) it works very well.


I will also agree that these types can be a pain...especially on small tracts of property.  If I hunted primarily smaller land, then I would probably have to re-think things, or just quit all together as I'm not sure I could stand trying to breed the hunt and hustle out of these dogs. 
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!