September 28, 2026, 05:36:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what size if at all?  (Read 3557 times)
TazD
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 496


View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »

I want my strike dogs to catch what they can handle without getting killed. It's more where they are catching them. Out in the open or a place where my dogs can move they will catch any good size hog (175-225ibs). In the thick briar laced palmettos a 125-150 with 1 1/2" cutters wi. Make them bay because they cannot effectively move in for a solid catch without taking damage. Have 2dogs on the ground like that hunting together and they will suck up anything!
Now that being said, I am looking at my Gator dog with 15 staples in his armpit up to his shoulder, just recovered from 2 thumb wide pokes that went up each side of his neck 5" under the skin, and 3 hunts before then 52 staples!! I guess he has not figured out the catch what he can handle thing I want from my strike dogs!  Evil Evil
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!