October 07, 2026, 09:58:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sizzlin heat Plotts  (Read 8489 times)
barlow
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 168



View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 11:16:48 am »

Here we go again. If I know something it must have come from books or the internet. You're just a dedicated Plott man defending his breed.

What I know came from driving the wheels off of several vehicles so I could learn the truth from the men who were there when it happened. From Tennessee to Western North Carolina to Illinois to South Carolina to Michigan and Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and West Virginia. So I guess you could say I have some sources. I've talked to a World Champion Plott owner and I've spoken with a man who raised a crossed up coon dog and sold him at 19 months old. I've spent time with and bred dogs with and hunted with legends and hall of famers and some just good old fashioned, decent dog men. I contributed to the Plott Associations and wrote articles for the yearbooks. I started and ran what was the most successful big game Plott website on the net . . . about a decade ago. Then I traded it for an option on a pup that I produced and walked away when I realized it was just another avenue for dog jockeys to peddle their wares. I'm not sure what these books are you referred to, but I've hunted at times as hard as any man in this country. I've lived in hunting camps and camper trailers. I squatted on coal company land in a tent in West Virginia for seven months, delivering pizzas at night so I could afford the gas to bear hunt 6 or 7 mornings a week. I lived without electricity or television or internet for the better part of four years . . so I could hunt and raise dogs. The very first time I ever went hog hunting was for five months. I may be older and slower now but don't pretend I'm some internet pretender. I wake up every day thinking I still have a lot to learn but I'm guessing I'll learn it in the belly of some swamp or up a holler at the base of a tree.

I've got a couple cross bred Plotts right now that make me happy or sometimes angry. Last week one of them made me sad. But I can assure you that they don't ever make me lie for profit.
Logged

Prey and Bay Dogs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!