October 09, 2026, 04:03:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tank strikes another big pig!  (Read 4244 times)
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2203



View Profile
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:56:08 pm »

Here's my take. I run rough as a cob dogs. In 3 years with these I had one wreck. I have a dog that will catch and hold as good as any bulldog. He is on the ground all the time. I have a  gyp that holds very well to the point of needing a break stick. The other 3 will latch on but not as good as the first 2. The only wreck I had was when the one dog caught a 392pound boar alone with no back up. If u gonna run rough dogs u have to have the ones that commit and won't turn loose. If they do that the rest will help stretch it. If they won't commit that exposes them to the danger zone while trying to get hold. In a spot like u were in it could turn ugly with any type dog unless it bayed from 30 feet . Tight quarters are always trouble. That hog will back in them briars and only leave the barrel sticking out. That puts the dogs in a bad spot.

Hope ur dogs get healed soon. 


Shotgun
Arkansas
Logged

Shotgun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!