October 11, 2026, 03:29:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions for the more experienced  (Read 5132 times)
Cajun
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3276


View Profile
« on: July 08, 2015, 12:38:31 pm »

  On questions 1 and 2, I ask myself that all the time. lol On # 1 when a few of my friends & i get together, we normally have to many dogs out, 5 or 6. We might only have one or two finished dogs out and the rest are young dogs. Has nothing to do with me not having confidence in my dogs baying a hog. If they are old enough for me to start taking, I have every confidence in the world that they can bay their own hog if the opportunity arrises. Also, I have people that come and hunt with me a lot and a lot of times their dogs might start with mine but they fall out before they bay it.
  I have at least twenty head out there and it is hard to hunt them all. I have  a 9 yr. old, 7 yr. old, & a 5 yr. old gyps that are finished dogs and I rarely hunt them because I am always  taking young dogs with me. Of course I get a lot of dogs on injured reserve & they can and will step up when I need them. Really all you need is one good bay dog & a Catchdog and you can catch plenty of hogs but then, I would never hear a race. Shocked Grin Also, if you see any of my dogs malnourished or starving to death, I will give you 1000.00 a dog. Most of my dogs that I run are extremely fit, but not skinny. The other reason I have so many is that I like starting dogs and it is my decision on how many I want to feed.
Logged

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!