October 05, 2026, 11:08:11 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Line bred pedigree...
>
Message #537179
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Line bred pedigree... (Read 9596 times)
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog
Offline
Posts: 532
Re: Line bred pedigree...
«
on:
November 26, 2015, 08:00:27 am »
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
-
Great topic and nice lookin dogs Mike. I am not a breeder and do not claim to be. I am a student of breeding and genetics so that maybe one day I can be a successful breeder.
-
If I am interpreting the ped correctly, there are 4 litters behind it. Winchester/Tweety, Pancho/Brandy, Obama/Tweety, and Hunter/Lucy. I am sure you observed each of the 4 litters and made mental notes of the crosses that possessed the traits you like.
-
It seems that you could tighten the line quicker by breeding Jase back to Lucy or a Lucy littermate/full sister. Not sure if this is an option or not however it would take the line toward the Tweety genes. Probably not your intention.
-
It appears that you appreciated the Pancho/Brandy cross and are looking to find a balance between the Pancho and Tweety traits. By not breeding too tight, too quickly, you should achieve a sustainable line as well. Am I interpreting your goal correctly? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Logged
Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
817.899.7664
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...