September 28, 2026, 06:58:22 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
dog range qustion
>
Message #538150
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: dog range qustion (Read 6061 times)
oconee
Strike Dog
Offline
Posts: 462
Re: dog range qustion
«
Reply #20
on:
December 15, 2015, 06:44:58 am »
I don't know why, possibly just bad luck or poor dogs but I have honestly never hunted with a dog that would "cast" (without being on a trail or running) that would make 3 mile circles. Once on a track I would not expect any of my dogs back until I catch them but just looking is another thing all together. How do you guys trash break these dogs that go that deep. Seems like as youngsters they would commonly be on off game while on these wide hunting missions. The main reason I keep my dogs close is so as young mischevious pups I can tell when they are goofing off. A dog I could 100% trust that would cover that much country would difinately be an asset but I just can't see how correction at an early age would be possible.
Logged
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...