|
Nannyslayer
|
 |
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 07:54:20 am » |
|
Our main walker dog is broke off deer. He will run a coyote on occasion but not a deer. Problem with our country is, they will see 10 deer before they find a pig most of the time. When I cast the older dog, I only send 2 pups with him. If they jump and run and he checks them and doesn't go with them, they get toned unless they don't quit then we bump em.
But trainin hound crosses, I go out to our main farm, which doesn't have any pigs, and let them hunt up a deer and jump it then hit the train button. Then turn em around and head right back to the bay pen and let them bay a hog. A couple times of getting broke off deer like that, they start to leave them alone.
But every dog I have will run a coyote on occasion. Their not bad after them but a couple weeks ago they did run one for 2 1/2 miles.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|