September 29, 2026, 03:41:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dog range qustion  (Read 6064 times)
Nannyslayer
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 325



View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 09:33:28 pm »

I had a doctors appointment today so was able to slip out this morning for a hunt (which is rare for me during the week but with work being slow I was able to play hooky today). 

I actually took this picture as a joke for a friend. This particular dog is a rough curr dog that is really tight ranged (200 yards at the most unless in smokin sign). I mainly use him as a catch dog along with the bulldog. He's good at that and can also send him to a race and he will stop it if givin the chance. Today was the first day I casted the hounds and he had a fit in the dog box. So I turned him loose and he went with them. I really don't expect him to do it again but was tickled that he did get out and hunt. He was right next to my hounds at this time.

But this is pretty regular range for the hounds and hound crosses.

Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!