October 03, 2026, 01:58:08 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Pups on the way need a little advice
>
Message #549026
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Pups on the way need a little advice (Read 2883 times)
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
Offline
Posts: 9508
Re: Pups on the way need a little advice
«
on:
July 25, 2016, 06:46:17 pm »
In the hot summer a fan is needed for air movement...I use a plywood floor with 1x12 pine boards and cut them to make a 4 x 4 ft square where the mama dog can climb over...the square box will have the bottom gapped about a 1/2" for air movement and drainage...I also have a 2x4 frame nailed to the corners and they stand about 2 ft above the 1x12 inch boards...I then put a top on it like boards or tarp...I then lean a 4x4 ft plywood to create a gap between the roof and the plywood leaning...that gap stops quite a bit of the heat and most of the heat radiated will blow over the inner roof...I also use the water hose to wash out the floor...I try to do this twice a day to cool the pups off...the floor needs to be clean and dry most of the time...but cleaning/washing it in the hottest part of the day will help to cool them down...the fan will dry the floor but the vaporizing water creates a cooling effect...
Listen to the pups...if they are whimping loudly you can bet they are hot...that is the time to cool them...I check on them when I can...
Logged
Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...