September 28, 2026, 08:49:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short range and rough  (Read 10295 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 583


View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2016, 06:44:20 am »

I hunt rice fields sometimes though very seldom I ever bay out in it  there always  in the woods ....but I did bay a bunch on a levy one day ...here's what happened  in about 30 minutes w ith 3  curdogs and 2 short fat slow  bulldogs .......




Parker my hole  point  I'm wanting people to ask themselves is exactly the point you just made on this post.           *why did the dogs not catch or bay upthe pig or pigs in the open but we're able to when they hit to the woods or brush*            The answer to this question and how it relates to not being able to stop those runners in the brush that give others fits is what I'd like to address and been trying this hole time.  First we must understand why the dogs are not doing it in the open in order to understand why they aren't able to do it in the brush.


     Knowing the answer to this and why it's so much easier to bay most pigs in the brush or catch them once they get to the brush would probably be and interesting topic to transition to once we understand the first.

   My dogs run pigs down and catch in the brushy trashy  stuff that's littered with steep  and tall creek banks  fine, actually easier. With the exception in some areas that the brush is so thick rabbits can't run through.      That pigs is gone usually.        If they try to hunt to it  I usually have to call them back.  If the wind is calm I'll holler and call them back if they are close to someone else's  property line or just make there collars vibrate to pull them back.     Not that any of this matters to my point, just describing a little more about the dogs and me
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!