|
l.h.cracker
|
 |
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 07:15:22 am » |
|
Pigs stopping in brush to fight is what you're getting at I know that but if you don't have a high population of hogs and only hunt thick stuff and you don't have dog's that trail or hunt their asses off then you'll have no success my question was how do they hunt in comparison to a good Cur or cross whatever have you ,a good strike dog?If you can't find the hog's then a race is never started there for speed stopping power and everything thing else is obsolete.I have hunted highly populated areas where we hunted fields and roads surrounded by alligator pits/marsh and the thickest nastiest brush on the planet with success with curs catching In the open. I also know that if a dog is handed hog's in the open its whole life it would have a hard time with hunting thick such as palmettos,briars,switch Grass tunnels,stick marsh and all the nasty stuff I hunt Ihave seen it time and time again bring dogs that hunt crops such as orange Groves, tomatoes, etc and they don't even want leave the trails or roads because the brush is to thick.if a dogs been bred for many generations to hunt open land primarily by sight or winding hog's at a close distance than how can you expect it to out perform a trail dog that has been bred for its hunt and finding ability in the thick? Nothing to do with loose or rough because It can't be stopped if it is not found.I have asked this question before and never really got an answer Other than Jsh.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
|
|
|
|