October 06, 2026, 08:25:48 pm
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
HOG DOGS
>
Speed
>
Message #550678
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: Speed (Read 5293 times)
bigo
Alpha Dog
Offline
Posts: 591
Re: Speed
«
on:
September 21, 2016, 09:47:25 am »
I am not foolish enough to think my cur dog can outrun a good well bred running dog but it would take one to outrun him. I also know there's not a hog alive that can outrun him in the open. I also know that in chest deep water with brush, saw grass and all the stuff that grows in the swamp, the same running dog won't outrun my cur. If your going for the number you catch, the running dog man would have the advantage. His dogs would come out of there pretty quick and he could go back to the sitting ducks in the fields. The times I've been able to dump dogs on hogs in the open, it was like shooting fish in a barrel.
Even with my feeble brain, I figured out a long time ago, if your getting outrun on a regular basis, its not a hog problem, it's a dog problem .You fix it by getting better dogs in the style you like to hunt, but you still won't catch them all.
Logged
The older I get, the better I was.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man.
Mark Twain
Pages: [
1
]
2
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...