October 06, 2026, 12:48:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Trail Barking ???  (Read 822 times)
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 532


View Profile
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:02:12 am »

I believe you guys are correct about why dogs were bred to be open. Mr.Parker makes a good point about quieter dogs not bringing unwanted attention.
-
One aspect that I miss about running open dogs is the music! I still go Coon hunting from time to time to listen to the hounds work out a track and put one on a limb. It's fun to try to figure out what the open dogs are doing on a track. Sportsman/Pleasure hunters with time and wide open spaces still run open dogs. If/when I switch over to tree game, I'll be looking for some open stock.
Logged

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
817.899.7664
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!