October 01, 2026, 08:27:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breeding direction  (Read 4675 times)
Slim9797
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2028



View Profile
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:51:59 am »

I can't say I understand the concept of lesser breeding better than their superior counterpart though I've seen that theory spoken on a lot. I know it ain't mixing paint but seems simpler to me that 2 dogs who get her done pretty well bred together should produce a couple pups that get it done to some degree at least. If they fail to make dogs due to failure on the trainers end well then that's not really grounds to make judgement on the reproduction as a whole. So as the saying goes I'd like to breed her once and see what happens. If the cross clicks well I might just have something to base a little family breeding around.  A male with proven off spring will jump right to the top of the list for sure. And a young male will be a little slower in my consideration as lots of health issues and quirks and such about a dog can't easily be noticed in under 2-3 years. So a 5-8 year old male with proven off spring is gonna be considered first before a 2.5 year old even if the 2.5 year old is a little better dog.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logged

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!