October 10, 2026, 04:13:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dc 50 collar  (Read 912 times)
chipolariverman
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 142


View Profile
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:43:16 pm »

If it was on when water got in it the mother board is most likely fried.  Had this happen to one of mine. 

I think Garmin is pushing out the DC-50 repairs so they may not even repair it for you.  I have sent other collars back that were just out of warranty and in warranty and have always had them back in 2weeks or less. 

I've seen some of that over seas stuff on the net but I just don't know about it.  Check on FB, there were a couple of people that basically had collars they were robbing parts off of and selling which there is nothing wrong with.  In your case you would need a new housing because the button as you call it is not serviceable.  But again be ware that the mother board is most likely fried cause as I said that is what happened to mine.  I ordered another housing because the button had a hole in it from a hog and water got in it and I got the solid red light of death.  Replaced the housing and done all of the resets, master reset, unplug the battery, hold it sideways and turn it on upside down but still solid red light of death.

Good Luck. 
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!