September 28, 2026, 12:53:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my pup ruined  (Read 2147 times)
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1439



View Profile
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:26:59 pm »

Don't think that it only applies to young dogs man.. I bought a gyp from a feller that was 4 yrs old.. could run her own track and bay her own hog until she bayed a barr one morning .. I sent my dogo to her while she was bayed by herself and after we caught the barr,, I noticed the yeller gyp was cut in the shoulder.  Well ,, didn't think to much of it and it took about 3 weeks for her to heal up good and I took her out again... Well she wouldn't even hunt no more,, she'd make a loop and come get back on the bike.  On another hunt after that,, she wouldn't even go to a bay with my other male dog.. That's the first time I had ever had a old dog QUIT after being cut ...
Logged

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!