June 15, 2024, 05:18:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Hardware  (Read 671 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2021, 07:27:57 am »

I’ve seen it both ways. I don’t believe it will affect her if she’s one that gets the ear back deep in the jaw like I personally prefer. Some dogs though hold more out towards the end of the muzzle which means they need the K9’s to help. A broke tooth can still function but a missing tooth can’t obviously. That K9 is long, so when the dog sinks it in, then the hog shakes or slings it’s head, there is more leverage put on that tooth. Lots of dogs that catch the nose, the jaw, and over the top of the head end up K9less. My rationale in that is that when tooth meets bone, bone wins. That tooth will not penetrate that bone and with all the force both animals are applying, the long load bearing K9 gets broke or more times than not, knocked completely out. A lot of times this will take a little jaw bone with it and I have seen it completely break the jaw there. I have had it happen before and I think it’s important to let that dog heal as if they have a fracture. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: