May 23, 2024, 11:27:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Real bulldogs  (Read 3093 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2021, 06:19:46 pm »

Those are some cracker jacks muddy. I like both parents but the daddy is sure enough gorgeous. I hope y’all accomplish what you are trying for. Describe their style for us. Like my male, he goes in fast. A lot of dogs would be out of control at his pace in my opinion but it seems his feet can’t land wrong. He’s an exceptional athlete. He is average speed wise. He catches with the ear extremely far back in his jaw (I love that) and couldn’t be anymore ear minded. I like that 95% of the time. My old family were faster in a foot race and would grab a running hog in the butt until they squatted then move to the ear. I loved that because the race was a lot shorter most times. This male will run to the head even from behind and sometimes that means running a fast hog or a smart hog further. Smart hogs can juke a dog by turning hard away from them or hitting the brakes at the right time and causing the catch dog to do a fly by. Then they gotta play catch up again. My old family also took better angles on runners. They didn’t run directly at a hog, they ran where they were headed to, kinda like a quarter back throwing a pass. Most of them didn’t go in as fast as this male and most of them would  take the path of least resistance which lead to easier catches and fewer busted bays as well as not getting hung up trying to get there. I guess you would say at this point my male is more braun than brains in his style but he is smart and I do see improvement and that he’s learning. It just came more natural to the old family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: