October 02, 2026, 08:07:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winding…  (Read 3496 times)
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« on: April 12, 2022, 10:19:53 am »

Ive never tried to train a dog to wind, but ive never had a strike dog that wouldnt... even my cds will wine when they smell one. Id guess anything in the 4-600 yd range make them wine in the back of the truck.

I do agree with what you are saying…but something to consider…
Sometimes we have one dog making the other me too dogs look good because they follow the strike dogs lead…same thing with winding…but I am not saying a dog does not learn…I am mainly talking about what I think is the best…

As you probably know some dogs need very little scent to trigger the winding response and others may need a stronger scent to respond…
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!