October 07, 2026, 06:10:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on horse tack for hunting  (Read 5044 times)
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1630


View Profile
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:12:45 am »

Mandi, you can use a regular bosal hanger. I use saddle string latigo and make my own. Remember to tie your get down with a bow-line around your horses neck so it will not pull down and chock your horse if he pulls some while tied. Also while riding don't run the get down through the bosalita, just run it through when you get down to tie, the slack will tend to hang in brush or on tree limbs. I prefer a get down rope made of something other than horsehair, I like mohair or small yacht line. A hair rope is hard to tie.

mcarty reins are also great while hunting, can be used with slober leathers on a ring snaffle or on a bosal. Hobbles don't forget them.

What kind of wade did you order?

If I get a horse saddled tomorrow I will take some pics for you to look at.
Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!